In Pursuit Of is seeking a Director of Web Development to lead services across a portfolio of grassroots and advocacy client accounts. The Director will oversee the web development and email marketing operations teams, with an emphasis on building our internal website development capabilities to drive innovation and testing, provide strategic guidance and data-driven recommendations for digital marketing campaigns that persuade influential audiences, increase activist engagement, and win policy victories that advance a free and open society.
The Director of Web Development has some production responsibilities, so this position is best suited for a technology leader who enjoys being a part of the work, too. The ideal candidate will bring depth of experience in front end or full stack web development that will help transform our web development practice.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Lead the digital technology team, which is responsible for website development, SEO, UX testing and design, and analytics.
- Provide strategic insight and guidance on digital marketing initiatives, making data-driven recommendations to optimize and improve ROI.
- Track and manage timelines, deliverables, and implementation for digital campaigns across internal and external teams. Coordinate the production, development, and maintenance of new and existing website projects, and identify opportunities to reduce reliance on external vendors.
- Ensure that best practices are upheld for web development and management, providing the best possible products and results for all client accounts.
- Regularly explore and pursue new digital ideas, testing small and measuring success.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in digital marketing, communications, or technology roles; including 4 or more years of direct experience with team management responsibilities.
- Must have a deep understanding of website development, and familiarity with digital marketing principles and analytics.
- Track record of successful management experience in directing, training, and recruiting personnel, and with key skills including strategic planning and implementation, project management, and budgeting.
- Proven experience with digital marketing, including a deep understanding of best practices, innovated tactics, measurement tools, and technological platforms.
- Hands on experience and a proven record of working on website development projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced, results-drive, high performance culture, with a willingness to work hours required and a commitment to getting the job done.
- Excellent interpersonal and ability to engage and lead people and projects across teams and client account, delivering quality and timely results.
- Proven ability to identify innovative methods to advance direct response and persuasion-based marketing through digital technology.
- Ability to take initiative, and work independently and collaboratively, in a fast-paced environment while integrating a high degree of attention to detail and organization
- Exhibits a dedication to economic freedom, interest in public policy, and a passion for consumer marketing and communications.
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Agency or issue advocacy experience.
In Pursuit Of is the full-service communications and marketing agency that drives ideas and shapes debates in pursuit of a society of mutual benefit. Our missions-driven partnerships advance policy and cultural change that enable people to improve their lives.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.