In Pursuit Of is currently looking for a Senior Op-Ed Writer. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker who can brainstorm ideas, identify opportunities, develop concepts, and produce thoughtful, factual, and persuasive copy. This position will work closely with the research and policy teams as well as external clients and surrogates, Serve as a mentor and coach for other writers, and work closely with the Editorial Director in leading the opinion-writing team.
In Pursuit Of is a full-service communications and marketing capability that drives ideas and shapes debates in pursuit of a free and open society. Our mission-driven partnerships advance policy, political, and cultural change that enable people to improve their lives.
We are looking for colleagues committed to advancing our mission with energy, commitment, and passion for what they do.
Working at In Pursuit Of is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees. Ten Guiding Principles that encourage principled thought and action form the MBM® culture: Integrity, Compliance, Value Creation, Principled Entrepreneurship, Customer Focus, Knowledge, Change, Humility, Respect, and Fulfillment.
- Develop copy for a variety of formats and disciplines focusing mainly on print, but also for broadcast and digital campaigns.
- Write compelling copy that informs, motivates, and inspires target audiences to take desired action.
- Analyze poll data, research, and focus group studies to tailor a variety of message needs.
- Generate a consistent narrative and voice for the organization and external clients.
- Interact with external clients and surrogates to identify opportunities and complete projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-8 years of demonstrated writing experience
- An understanding of public policy issues at the state and federal levels particularly health care, government spending, free speech, and corporate welfare
- A solid understanding of and commitment to classical liberal ideals, free market principles, and the advancement of liberty
- Experience working in media relations or journalism strongly preferred
- Experience managing a team; Will be responsible for managing, coaching and developing junior writers
- Ability to adapt voice and style for different writing projects
- A strong commitment to communicating free market principles to a mainstream audience
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Please include 1-2 writing samples or a link to your portfolio with your application by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "Senior Op-Ed Writer Portfolio."
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Software Powered by iCIMS